Nationwide Opportunities often available within the Farm Business Survey
- A typical Research Officer role
- Undertake an important role in the longest running independent survey of farm businesses, confidentially providing data and evidence on the financial position and business performance of farmers and growers to help shape policy
- Responsible for liaising with farmer co-operators, including travelling to and from farms
- The collection and analysis of physical and financial data from agricultural businesses in connection with the Farm Business Survey
- Working within specialised teams, full training will be provided with on-going mentoring as you progress to independent working
- Holding an HND or degree, preferably in Agriculture or a related subject
- A good knowledge of UK farming systems and business management
- Excellent communication, organisational and administrative skills
- A high level of numeracy is essential, as is a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, and in particular the use of spreadsheets
- A willingness to work flexibly, as demanded by the nature of the role, is also essential
Further information and informal enquiries may be addressed to unit Managers.
Contact details can be found for each RBR Unit by selecting the specific unit.